I should write something.
In the meantime, here’s the updated county map after this summer’s SLC-Yellowstone-Home travels.
Started 3/1/2011, will be updated as necessary.
- 3/20/2011: Benjamin Franklin, by Edmund S. Morgan
- 3/12/2011: What They Didn’t Teach You About the American Revolution, by Mike Wright
- 3/8/2011: The American Revolution, by Gordon Wood
- 3/3/2011: The Wordy Shipmates, by Sarah Vowell
- 2/28/2011: George Washington, by James MacGregor Burns and Susan Dunn
MAP FIVE. One of the first American maps? According to Wikipedia, this is a map of Jamestown in 1608. I like the attention to detail.
While I’m attempting to become somebody who can tell you more about American History than naming the Presidents in order, I’m gonna attempt to post little facts I learn along the way. This is not a fact. But it’s a great video, and it nicely got rid of the feeling that my Google search for “George Washington video” would soon end up on a list of things that dumbasses search for on the Internet.
MAP THREE. I love this city. Mostly. But I haven’t been outside the parameters of this map for (an estimate) 17,900 out of the last 18,000 hours of my life. I need to do something so 24 hours in New York doesn’t feel like it’s gonna be my vacation of the year.